Monday, March 02, 2009
Freecycling
I subscribe to a local freecycle message board. I get notifications of items people are looking for and things people are looking to get rid of. I have gotten rid of many things that were only taking up room and I no longer needed. I have been very happy with my experience especially since many times I don't even have to greet the person- just leave whatever it is on my door step.
A message received tonight disturbs me. It is for prescription medicine that her doctor told her she no longer needed but is apparently very expensive.
This is wrong on so many levels.
Used toys and electronics I understand. I have a hard time posting the box of individually wrapped, barely opened box of nursing pads that are sitting in the closet, ones that can be hard to find and I know someone would snap up quickly.
Really, was the logic put on her door step this morning?!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]