Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF

I am lucky- most days. I have a young lady that enjoys school and is usually very cooperative getting going in the morning.

7:00 (usually in the tub) Today is left to sleep a few minutes because E has slept in and needs to shower and get out the door in 15 minutes to make his bus. 

7:10 (usually getting out of tub) Mom wakes young lady, directs her to her drawn bath and gets out her clothes for the day. G is still blissfully sleeping at this point, unusual but so was the middle of the night 2 hour Thai massage he gave me. I turn on oven to bake the oatmeal raisin cookies that were made last night, portioned and frozen so that they get crispy on the outside but stay soft and chewy on the inside. 

7:15 (usually dressed and getting hair done) Young lady still sitting in the tub refusing to wash and get ready. She starts full blown tantrum, I begin addressing her as "young lady". Through the screaming, I somehow manage to wash and rinse her hair. I release the drain for the tub and ask her to get out hoping it is over. She plugs the tub. I release the plug. She plugs the tubs. I remove said child from tub and put her on her bed. She has her father's stubborn streak (...and mine too ;o) bad combination).

7:35 (breakfasts are usually well underway, lunch is made and I can usually start getting myself ready for the day while the kids play and watch cartoons) Even a call to daddy doesn't help with this funk she is is. I decide to give her the chance to get dressed on her own terms while I jump in the shower. 

7:45  Dress young lady who is still defiant . Direct her downstairs for breakfast where she doesn't want any of the choices presented to her. This is still not over. " I ask what the problem is and get "I don't even know!" shouted back at me. She goes back to her room while I get G changed and dressed. I put cookies in the oven. 

8:00 I need to leave the house in 15 minutes and I am loosing hope that this is even possible. If E did it this morning, we can do it too. I feed G and make the young lady's lunch. 

8:15 Have chat with young lady telling her how being tired isn't and excuse not to get ready for the day. Tell her what we are going to do quickly to get to school. Direct her downstairs for quick bowl of cereal.  Take slightly over cooked cookies out of oven.

8:25  (usually putting on snow pants and boots and hats and mitts and coats and toys) Young lady eating breakfast as fast as you can expect from a 4 year old. I run around to get hair dryer, socks and pack school bag. Disgruntled, add fresh cookies to her lunch.

8:35 (usually at school. First bell rings, all children line up to go inside) At this point I am drying hair (hers and mine). I get G dressed for outside and put him in the car while K gets her own coat etc.

8:39 Young lady says sorry and melts your heart.

8:40 Out the door and in the car. 

8:45 Drop off at school, at which point I learn that only half the class has made it to school so far. Looks like we are not the only ones.

8:46 Deep cleansing breathe.

Tomorrow morning at  8:30 I am having dental work done. I'll lay back in the dental chair while someone does something for me! How many of their patients consider that "Me Time?




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]