Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Wednesdays
I hate Wednesdays. Rather, I think, Wednesdays hate me.
I remember back in elementary school having to write the date in the top right hand corner of the page. By the grade six every one had their way of writing the date. Some used all numbers but I was always the "Tuesday November 25th" sort of person. Perhaps it the way my memory works, the date just means more to me that way. Wednesdays were always different. Wednesday didn't feel natural to spell. I struggled with it and the date got shortened to Wed Nov 26.
Fast forward 20 years and if there was anyway to shorten not just how I write the date but the day itself, I would.
Wednesdays are "something is sure as heck going to wrong and no amount of preparation or organization is going to help" days. We haven't had an ordinary Wednesday since September.
Now that K is in school, G and I get some good quality alone time. Wednesdays were our library days. Is signed up for the 8 week "Your ONEderful" program at the local library and we only made 5 out of the 8 classes. We had never planned to miss any but something would always happen at the last minute to put a wrench in our plans. We missed the first one, when K threw up in a special effort to welcome her kindergarten teacher back on her first day at work after her maternity leave.
G has been working hard at sprouting another three teeth at once. Our last library program until the new year and in the ten minutes between when we got home from walking K to school before we had to leave for the Library some thing just had to go wrong. He was amusing himself with some toys while I rearranged the mess in the kitchen. The mess in the living room was something I couldn't avoid. He messiest diaper ever couldn't hold what all that had come and stood in a puddle of his own mess. From the waist down he was a soggy mess and even his shoes needed to be washed. We didn't make it to the library.
K is sick once again today. A good day for her, although she is devastated to be missing school, she is resting in bed listening to stories on CD and she's on her second helping of ice cream (frozen fruit puree) for breakfast.
Wednesday, can we be friends, please. What would it take?
ETA: two napping babes and a pot of tea and all it right in the world (for now- there are still 11 hours, 27 minutes until I go to bed)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]