Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our littlest man is now 9 months old. I have literally watched his every move since his well baby visit on Tuesday to get a better idea why he is has only gained two ounces in the past three months. The news wasn't easy to take. Am I feeding him enough? Is he missing something? What else can I do? The fact of the matter is he is busy. He has been crawling since 5 months and walking on his own for over two weeks. He does not S-T-O-P. K is singing to him right now and it is the longest I have seen him stay in one spot in his waking hours (save for the stroller or car seat) since Tuesday. All in all he is a very healthy kid- obviously meeting milestones and a very happy little guy, my concern should be minimal and I shouldn't rely on those numbers, but what is being a mother without worry.

The Doctor recommended adding butter to everything he eats. Nice theory, but I would much rather try to beef up the quantity and quality of foods he is given. If that works, great problem solved and if the problem remains than we may have to go the butter route. For now, I have been taking careful note of everything he eats. He had been eating the same amount as K did at that age but we have been increasing the amount of cereals, juices, meats and yogurt and reintroduced avocado to his diet that he didn't take to before. He has been trying more finger foods but without weighing everything before he eats and the squished up bits that have fallen into the highchair, I have only have a vague idea of what is actually making it into his little body.


I wasn't planning to blog about it but really the whole thing has been all consuming between the Internet research, the play times that have been cut down to have more "play with food" time and the extra bath time that that leads to. He goes back to the doctors in six weeks and I can already see how different the coming weeks will be.

Comments:
Wow, he's such a cutie! I'm so glad you're back on your blog again... in my mind, G was still a baby. :D

Wow, that is incredibly young to be crawling and walking! No wonder he's not "on the curve". Seriously, how could the doctor even worry? I think he's just covering his butt.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]