Monday, May 28, 2007
Pomegranates and Other Wierd Things
I was lucky enough this morning to be able to sleep in a bit. K climbed into bed with us but slept soundly as C got showered and got ready for work. It was a nice treat- not having to get up. E is fairly self sufficient getting his lunch ready so I didn't worry about him a bit.They say the increased progesterone in the blood stream and interrupted sleep cycles make for all the crazy vivid dreams that pregnant women tend to have. I am still surprised when I wake to see how real they feel even when completely bizarre.
The family is enjoying a nice sunny day at a park- playing baseball of all things. Warren was there for some reason but other than that perfectly nice family outing. I don't recall anyone else playing or an opposing team for that matter but we won and packed up to go home. For some reason we needed to rent a car and waited for our it to be brought around. I cried, no balled, when the car pulled up. It was hot pink with a metallic finish and in the shape of a giant pomegranate. It had three rows, two seats in each and I sat in the back row, behind K, where I continued to cry about the vehicle they had given us. It didn't have the new car smell, rather smelt sweet like pomegranate molasses and I felt trapped behind all the grey upholstery. My chest felt tight and found it hard to breathe. Being a pomegranate, it had no windows to open so we decide to return the vehicle and see if they had something else. A very round man in a hot pink metallic jacket (dressed something like the fruit we were driving) came to get the car and I woke.
I haven't been able to get the little round man and the strange car out of my head all day. What does it mean? September to me brings pomegranates (don't ask, just an association I have had fort the past 8 years). September this year brings a new addition to the family. We have been looking into vehicles lately, but this- the fruit, the man, these dreams are driving me nuts.
Comments:
<< Home
1) I'll assume it was a great baseball pun when you said "balled" instead of "bawled"
2) Why is it that if I'm there, it's the only part that isn't "perfectly nice"?
3) Did #1 answer #2?
2) Why is it that if I'm there, it's the only part that isn't "perfectly nice"?
3) Did #1 answer #2?
I still get anxious when I think about that dream.
1) The crying was about the car. However that could have been the straw the broke the camels back- It has been a while since we've seen you :o)
2)You don't find it odd that you were the only other memorable face in the dream other than my immediate family and and strange fruit-shaped man!?
Post a Comment
1) The crying was about the car. However that could have been the straw the broke the camels back- It has been a while since we've seen you :o)
2)You don't find it odd that you were the only other memorable face in the dream other than my immediate family and and strange fruit-shaped man!?
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
