Friday, April 27, 2007
Where is Thumbkin?
E is visiting Ottawa for his long weekend so his paper delivery has fallen on our shoulders. This evening I added the adverts and folded them with elastics and had everything ready for when C came home. We all ventured out to deliver them to each doorstep with K, happy as a clam to pull the wagon. Once finished route, and no more than eight feet from our front door, K fell. She has never had a bad accident before and was seemingly comforted by the snuggles but I have to feel for her after checking out the damage. The nail on her left hand was half scrapped off by the sidewalk and the nail itself embedded itself in tip surface of her thumb. We gently treated her injury, soaking it in salt water and dressing it, but I can't help but think how unbelievably brave the little lady is. I have cleanly cut off my left index fingernail on more than one occasion and the pain, while not intense, throbs and stings and is just plain annoying. She has been slightly grumpy and cautious with it but otherwise much better than I would expect. I wonder if she realizes how much she could possibly milk the situation.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
