Monday, March 26, 2007

Random Weekend Reflections

After a long week, we treated ourselves to dinner out on Friday night. We thought we would try a new restaurant that has just opened up within walking distance. Two other restaurants have been in the same location since we moved here without much success. We never tried the others but this one seems be a hit. We had to wait to get a table (which I was not expecting) but it was a short wait and they seemed to be turning over quickly. The menu was just what I was in the mood for: Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. We shared a number of dishes and all were fantastic. Everything was so flavourful you barely notice the extra salt that I am no longer used to. By morning I could no longer take off my rings which took lots of water and another 48 hours to get back to normal. None the less. I really enjoyed it all and I may have to replicate the pineapple salad with red onions, sweet pepper, mint leaves, coriander, lime juice and roasted cashews.

Saturday we took the short drive to Buffalo to do some shopping. C and I aren't huge shoppers. We find exactly what we want and get out. For example, K needs rain boots and a splash suit. Not as easy as it would seem there are many rain slickers out there but what I really want is something that isn't going to get to hot while playing outside and doesn't get in the way while climbing and splashing through puddles. Anyway, the browsing thing isn't something that we really enjoy but we thought it would something different to do. One mall we went to had a model search for the next season of ANTM so it was busy and the line stretched thoughout the mall.
I don't mean to sound nasty, but while you would think this would be a treat for the eyes, most of the girls looked to be either kidding themselves or have terrible attitudes. Not that either one is bad for what the show has in mind but I was just surprised not to see many all around "beautiful" people. To each their own I guess.

We curled twice this weekend. Late Saturday night we had a nine o' clock start. The game was frustrating and unpredictable until the 7th end when it finally got interesting. We sadly lost in but it was down to the last rock. Back at the rink first thing Sunday morning, I felt pathetic. All in all we didn't do too badly (we did win this game) but by the fourth end I was battling morning sickness and a bloody nose. Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

We later ventured out to explore an Asian market. I never know what to expect in these places. I know I am going to find some fantastic surprises but the cleanliness is sometimes questionable. This market was great and I can't wait to go back when we don't have an overtired toddler along for the ride. The produce section was huge and had everything from durian and fresh jack fruit to six foot lengths of sugar cane. We only picked up a few items but I can't wait to make the dishes we had in mind.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]