Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Bling Thing

K's advent calendar was a lot fun this year. I am already looking forward to next year and to make it easy on ourselves I may very well start picking up those little treasures as I find them throughout the year. We had all sorts of ideas from art supplies, stickers, small toy animals and cars. It became part of the morning routine for her to check the box and I believe the trip to Ottawa after Christmas helped break the habit and ease her into the idea that it will be a while before she would be using it again. Since this calendar has 25 doors rather than 24 we thought long and hard about what to do for the last box. An ornament seemed like a good idea but we already do that for stockings anyway.

Daddy decided a small piece of jewelry would be a nice idea. Something special he could pick out each year without my input since I usually take care of everything else. This year she got a pair of teeny little white gold hoop earrings that she will be able to wear in about 6 weeks.

K has long shown an interest in my earrings and has asked for them since she new how to put the words together. I see no reason to wait if she is keen so figured we may as well do it while I am the one responsible for cleaning her head (and ears) to toe so I can make sure they heal properly. So when she was feeling like herself again we all went down and got them done. It was something that Dad was going to have to be present for because I tend to worry and while K is usually very good I didn't want her to feel my own nervous energy and get nervous herself. She was really well behaved and very patient as she waited for the second sales associate to be freed up so they could do both ears at the same time. Quiet as mouse, only a few tears fell but once she saw her newly decorated ears she had a grin from ear to ear the rest of the afternoon.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]