Thursday, January 18, 2007
Ginger, Ginger, Ginger!
I opened my Winter Holiday of Your Choice Gift Exchange package! K was just as curious and helped me with sort through the loot.
A beautifully hand written note was a lovely way to start off. The little chocolate box up front had me getting prepared. Before I would lay out the packages, snap a few pics and rip open the paper, I started the kettle for some tea to have with those chocolates.
The package was a joy just to sort through. Four little wrapped packages, the eagerly anticipated chocolates and teeny little cookie cutters! A stencil kit to make your own holiday tags was adorable- I am sure we will have fun with those next year. A great compilation CD of Christmas songs was a welcome treat- I love Christmas songs but have maybe owned two Christmas albums, Barenaked Ladies which I think I wore out this year and a Cabbage Patch Kids Record way back when. I can't wait to listen to it. Everything from Jack Johnson to The Pogues, it even includes a track from Belle and Sebastian who I have heard great things about but have yet to listen to myself. There was hot chocolate and some recipe cards complete with some cookie recipe's I am anxious to try. One recipe for whipped shortbread that looks yummy, double chocolate cookies that the kids will love for sure and TWO recipes for ginger cookies. The candied ginger shortbread is guaranteed become a staple cookie here.
As the water in the kettle boiled I opened the little truffle box that usually houses two delectable little treats and giggled like a little girl. Not two but five little pecies of moist and fregrant candied ginger enrobed in dark chocolate. I can't remember where I ever said how much I love ginger but I do. Its a strong flavour that toddlers aren't supposed to enjoy, but mine does - I had to share-darn it. And before a tea bag ever hit the water...
Thanks Suze!
As the water in the kettle boiled I opened the little truffle box that usually houses two delectable little treats and giggled like a little girl. Not two but five little pecies of moist and fregrant candied ginger enrobed in dark chocolate. I can't remember where I ever said how much I love ginger but I do. Its a strong flavour that toddlers aren't supposed to enjoy, but mine does - I had to share-darn it. And before a tea bag ever hit the water...
Comments:
<< Home
Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed the gifts. I had so much fun picking things out for you. I too love ginger, especially when mixed with dark chocolate, so when I read that you loved ginger, and special cookie recipies, everything sort of fell into place. I had never read your blog before, but I've enjoyed getting to 'know' you these past few months.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
