Thursday, December 07, 2006

Small Finds

Our family has an advent calendar that E used when he was young and K can finally enjoy herself. Made of wood, with little numbered doors, we fill it ourselves each night after K goes to bed and she knows to look in the next window when she wakes up in the morning. I particularly like it because she doesn't have to have chocolate everyday. To date she has gotten a turtle, a woven ring, fair trade chocolate coins, castanets and an elephant. I am amazed that she has such a good grasp of yesterday, today and tomorrow. She recounts for me each afternoon what she has gotten in each door and that there are "no more anymore" but she will look in the morning tomorrow.

I think today's treasure has been her favourite to date. She usually plays with what ever she has gotten and then puts it back behind its door until she has finished her breakfast. Today I had trouble getting her to sit down to her Cheerios and it has yet to leave the palm of her hand. An old standby that worked well for E when he was young, I can't believe I waited until day 7 to put one of these in there for her.

Comments:
I have an advent calendar that I've had since I was a kid and my mom did the same thing...with cute gifts every day. I still have it and it's hanging up in the trailer. Craig can't understand why I'm so attached to it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]