Sunday, November 19, 2006
Here Comes Santa Claus
Is it me or does it seem extremely early to have a Santa Claus parade? I mean it is still more than a month away! I guess retail stores are worried that we would forget that we are supposed to spend frivolously on all their wares and moved up the parade a few weeks...I understand that a much for likely scenario was that with US thanksgiving seemingly a week later than normal they moved up the Christmas parade.
Off we trotted to see the Oakville Santa Claus parade early Saturday morning. Hoping to avoid a suburban traffic in downtown Oakville, K was excited to see the big guy in Red. We decided that the best location to view the parade would be in front of the Starbucks. We get our caffeine jolt, K her hot chocolate and E well, he is training for grown up drinks with a Grande Gingerbread Steamer.
Me (note to reader, C has hijacked the blog from Jenn) I was just excited to wave and clap for Garth Turner as a personal thank you for his rebellion and a politician who stood up to a Mr. Harper. I digress..(actually Jenn has now decided that I am not allowed to write around any activities that taint the wholesomeness of the Santa Claus parade and is wrestling the keyboard away this very minute)
In all seriousness the parade was excellent! The floats are not as big or ornate as the Toronto parade but it was really fun to get out drive 5 minutes and be able to watch a cool parade and see Kyra's expression and clowns, fire trucks, marching bands, horses and various parade paraphernalia pasted us during the morning.
*the opinions of this post are only those of the hijacker and not necessarily reflect those of his wife who does ALL the Christmas shopping for the family and would much prefer to do it in the quieter November with a hint of holiday in the air rather than the hurried December when everyone is quite frankly nuts. To note I do believe he was the first to spot the gorgeous red, um, feather wreath (not Elmo red, much classier than that) in one of my favourite card and gift stores and I had to tell him that it wouldn't be suitable for our front door as it wouldn't stand up to the elements.
Off we trotted to see the Oakville Santa Claus parade early Saturday morning. Hoping to avoid a suburban traffic in downtown Oakville, K was excited to see the big guy in Red. We decided that the best location to view the parade would be in front of the Starbucks. We get our caffeine jolt, K her hot chocolate and E well, he is training for grown up drinks with a Grande Gingerbread Steamer.
Me (note to reader, C has hijacked the blog from Jenn) I was just excited to wave and clap for Garth Turner as a personal thank you for his rebellion and a politician who stood up to a Mr. Harper. I digress..(actually Jenn has now decided that I am not allowed to write around any activities that taint the wholesomeness of the Santa Claus parade and is wrestling the keyboard away this very minute)
In all seriousness the parade was excellent! The floats are not as big or ornate as the Toronto parade but it was really fun to get out drive 5 minutes and be able to watch a cool parade and see Kyra's expression and clowns, fire trucks, marching bands, horses and various parade paraphernalia pasted us during the morning.
*the opinions of this post are only those of the hijacker and not necessarily reflect those of his wife who does ALL the Christmas shopping for the family and would much prefer to do it in the quieter November with a hint of holiday in the air rather than the hurried December when everyone is quite frankly nuts. To note I do believe he was the first to spot the gorgeous red, um, feather wreath (not Elmo red, much classier than that) in one of my favourite card and gift stores and I had to tell him that it wouldn't be suitable for our front door as it wouldn't stand up to the elements.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]