Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"But I Like Cake Mom"

I have had a business opportunity presented to me. I very thoughtful neighbour forwarded me an email from a local business owner who is looking for someone to do birthday cakes for their party facility. It would be up to 7 birthdays a weekend (usually 4-5 but depending on who gets the party package that includes cake). I have waffled with the idea of starting something up for a while but to make sense I really needed to have something steady. And here it is when I wasn't even looking for it. I am excited, scared and overwhelmed with the amount of things I will need to get done if it all works out.

I am going this morning to talk to the owner and get a better idea of what she is looking for. C suggested yesterday I bring a little sample with me and I agreed so while K napped I baked a cake. I trimmed the ends and cut off an appropriate sized piece and put it aside. I gave the scraps to the kids and I left the room to take care of a few things. It was then when I heard E loudly "OH, No! K!". I ran to find her up on a chair grabbing handfuls of cake and shoving them into her mouth. I can't blame her. I couldn't get upset. I left it out within reach and left the room. She looked at me with a chocolaty mouth and said "But I like cake Mom".

Comments:
Well, I honestly think you're a saint for not being angry. :P But, at the same time, oh my, how cute!
 
Congrats Jenn! those kids will be so lucky to have your cakes at their birthday party.

I totally agree, you can't really blame K, if the cake had been vanilla I would have done the same thing :o)

Cara~
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]