Thursday, October 05, 2006

Winter Holiday Of Your Choice Swap - Or Twenty Some Odd Things About Me That Make Me Sound Completely Neurotic- But Whatever

So I'll be taking part in a bloggy swap of sorts this year and the following is a fill in the blamk tell all survey. I would like to remind the peanut gallery that if you don't have anything nice to say...

Italics are my answers to the already leading questions.

If I could, I'd invent Culinary Tape, and damn it, the world needs some because, a nice neutral flavour, it can fix anything sweet or savory that has fallen apart during preparation. Chicken dishes, desserts, the possibilities are endless! A sleep bubble would also be nice so no feet large or small could kick me in those precious last few hours of sleep.

I sometimes buy unique but practical artsy pieces I wouldn't make myself, because it they are more like theme I want to be than the me that I am.

If you came over to my house to play and touched my knives I'd be a little bit mad at you forever. Even C is watched like a hawk when he uses them.

The colour yellow makes me want to shave my eyeballs with a cheese grater. I have finally gotten over orange. This is progress I think!

The rich jewel toned colours are so beautiful that when I see them, a beam of light comes down and I hear a choir sing.

Artificial and overwhelming smells makes me gag, feel it in my mouth for a minute, and then swallow it back down rather than spit it out (or else I just don't like it, but I'm too nice to say it.)I've gotten way too sensitive since I was pregnant with K and I now I avoid walking by stores such as Lush like I avoid walking over grates on a street. I get a head ache just thinking about it!

I might get sick or die if I touch or ingest _______________, or look at____________________. (this is where you mention allergies or phobias) Gee, I'll pretty much try anything once.

Stray hairs or even wigs and fake hair pieces give me the willies and I might need to consider a frontal lobotomy if I even think about it further.

I love the feel of baby soft skin so much I want to hump it like a puppy on a sofa pillow. Okay, granted this sounds odd but remeber this is fill in the blank but the only other tactile thing i have to pull my self away from are those pin bed thingys that you leave an imprint on and that would be much stranger.

No one should have to watch me eat Ben and Jerry's Vermonty Python because then I might consider being polite enough to share, and I don't want to share it. The "coffee liqueur" gives me enough reason not tho have to share with the wee ones. Perfectly balanced flavour and texture, the ultimate ice cream!

I'm a grown-up now, so I don't have to eat brussel sprouts anymore, and you can't make me. I will even lie and say my boy friend hates them cause that will be enough for my mother not to put them on holiday menus for years until I am figured out. Although I must admit I loved them prepared in a veggie cannelloni at Charlie Trotters in Chicago- Must have been the wine it was paired with!)

If I could invent a way to permanently coat my nostril hairs with the scent of freshly baked bread or sauteing onions, I'd be my own biggest customer.

Three things I like that anyone might like: good chocolate, fun stationary, funky travel vessels for my tea.

Three things I like that nobody else in the world likes: Musicals, old family recipes for unique Christmas cookies, anything ginger.

I have TOO MANY unnecessary kitchen gadgets, and not enough tea towels.

Okay, we know the best things in life aren't things, but these are the best things in life if there are going to be best things: A chilly afternoon at home with the family, cozy blankets, a hot cup of tea, a deck of cards and a few board games.

When people have kind, sweet and nice things about me, they're usually talking about my smile. When they say I'm an over planner, they're usually right too.

It's true, I'm afraid of socks. They make my feet feel weird and claustrophobic- like. *wiggling my free toes* I'm learning to be proud of it.

If I could have any talent in the world, I'd choose speed reading and use it to finish library books on time.

You are given a day and a no-limit credit card to spend in one of these places, child free. Choose one, or write your own:

A gourmet food store, because you are what you eat. It's all about feeding yourself and your soul.

A hoity toity boutique, because you'd rather have the experience of shopping gracefully than anything. It's all about quality time.


And here's the last chance to make sure that you're not going to get a"Jelly of the Month" club membership when you're expecting your bonus for a swimming pool:
It is important to me that the items chosen for me with a fun and light heart. As far as Wal-Mart boycotts, things vegan, aren't made by child or sweatshop labour, and only things that can be stuffed down my pants- Whatever you are comfortable with... I may just learn a few things about you this way too :o)

And

If I could suggest that you read only one post from my archives, this would be it: http://jaiemed.blogspot.com/2006/02/doghouse.html.

And

If I were to name the Holiday of my choice for this exchange, it would be: Christmas

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]