Friday, October 06, 2006
The Way We Eat
I am tickled pink that a book I had put myself on the waiting list for at the library is finally waiting for me to pick up. There couldn't be a more perfect time for it either. I am treating myself to some pampering/torture tomorrow by getting a hair cut and eyebrow shaping. We have a photo session coming up next weekend to get some family pictures taken and I think this is this first time in quite some time I am getting my hair cut before I desperately need it knowing that the next few weeks are going to be pretty hectic. That being said, with the long weekend I should have plenty of time to get myself immersed in Peter Singer's "The Way We Eat - Why Our Food Choices Matter".
Perhaps Thanksgiving weekend, with all the glorious feasts to be had wouldn't normally be the best time to read such a book, but I am confident we have made fairly good food choices over the past while and I won't have any problems making our own delicious feast and only cement what we have already been doing.
As a power shopper, I am always suprized to see the number of people that take food breaks in mall food courts. They are usually dark and crowed and everyone is in such a rush. But yesterday while at Sherway Gardens, K was feeling hungry so off we went to see what offerings they had. I was delighted by how bright it was and the selections they had. We shared a savory crepe, but there were Thai offereings and gourmet hamburgers and much much more. Unfortunately only line up to be had was at the McDonalds and I must admit I was tempted by the idea that the Happy Meals come with a Little Mermaid toy.
Perhaps Thanksgiving weekend, with all the glorious feasts to be had wouldn't normally be the best time to read such a book, but I am confident we have made fairly good food choices over the past while and I won't have any problems making our own delicious feast and only cement what we have already been doing.
As a power shopper, I am always suprized to see the number of people that take food breaks in mall food courts. They are usually dark and crowed and everyone is in such a rush. But yesterday while at Sherway Gardens, K was feeling hungry so off we went to see what offerings they had. I was delighted by how bright it was and the selections they had. We shared a savory crepe, but there were Thai offereings and gourmet hamburgers and much much more. Unfortunately only line up to be had was at the McDonalds and I must admit I was tempted by the idea that the Happy Meals come with a Little Mermaid toy.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]