Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Miffed

I enjoy loyalty programs. I don't have too many I participate in. I can't be bothered with Airmiles but Petro Canada, PC Points for groceries, Kidsfutures and Shoppers Otimum, Starwood Hotels and Aeroplan have all paid off well in my opinion. So sticking my loyalties in these products and businesses can't hurt right?

I also get miffed by customer service. I got a coupon in the mail from Shoppers Drug Mart for 1000 bonus points is you buy $10 worth of life brand products. So I made sure I picked it up on the way out the door to pick up a few necessities. While at the cash the checkout girl was more than friendly. We exchanged pleasantries and when I passed her my coupon, as the line behind me grew, she sneared at me a said "I don't think you quite have ten dollars of Life products here." She didn't bother to check but as I did the mental math once again and looked in the bag at the two sticks of antipersperant, one pkg of life brand batteries and one pkg cotton makeup pads among the other things I was buying she says, like she is doing me a huge favour and not admitting her mistake, " Well, I guess you may be close enough. It is probably $9 dollars and change"

Ex-squeeze me!?

I shouldn't have felt embarrased but I was. I know the ladies behind be in line were snickering and because it wasn't really worth my time or energy to let her know she was wrong, I will vent and post here instead.

Thirteen dollars and six cents Lady! You weren't doing me any favours.

Now that that is off my chest, I feel much better.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]