Monday, August 21, 2006

"Her tongue appears to be hinged in the middle, but she may turn out all right."- Rachel Lynde

That old beta video was probably worn right through, the number of times my sister and I used to watch Anne of Green Gables. Which is most likely the reason why I recognised the voice of Patricia Hamilton (Rachel Lynde) before her face. The made-for-tv movie is afterall now 21 years old, but I all of a sudden feel like I should find a copy on DVD and add it to our sorry DVD collection.

I had a lovely weekend. It hadn't started off so well- I was terribly sick on Friday. C was kind enough to cut short his first round of golf of the season so he could help me out and E missed a train to Ottawa but Saturday held promise of a great day. I enjoyed the company of two old friends as were ventured out to Niagara on the Lake to see a show at the Shaw Festival. The town itself is beautiful. L commented that it was strait out of a Norman Rockwell painting but when I got home and recalled what I had seen to C, I realized it was actually were the Trisha Romance prints my Mom loves, that captures the essence of the town. The print that hangs in Mom and Dads living room is the clocktower we passed seveal times that day. Everything we saw may has well been painted in watercolour too. Children played in the fountain in the middle of the gardens. The streets were lined with quaint little shops and the theatre where we we saw Rosmersholm was actually an old court house. The show was nice to see although the double suicide at the end was certainly not the most upbeat of endings. I am now left feeling the need to see a few mindless comedies after C and I watched The Constant Gardiner Sunday afternoon.

And What did C and K do while we girls were out in Pleasantville?

Comments:
Ah, thanks! Ya ruined the ending for me!!!
 
Let me know how it goes!
 
Glad to hear you ladies had a good time :o)

Cara
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]