Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Isn't she lovely...
Although some people have more exciting buys to brag about I am thrilled with our new purchase. After a long weekend of draggin the kids around to barbeque stores we finally decided on and bought our new baby. It was bought this morning and delivered this afternoon. While the very friendly delivery guy assembled our new beauty I made blueberry cobbler and potatoe salad with seame and edename. All we need is some meat to through on the hot mamma.I have decided she needs a name. Firey names I have found are: Enya, Kendle, Shula, Nina, Bridget and Kimba. I am leaning towards Bridget. What do you think?
Comments:
<< Home
Firstly, I'd like to argue sex. A BBQ should be a "He". We can confirm that by going to the French which has already done the leg work and made each of their nouns distinctively masculine or feminine.
http://www.wordreference.com/fren/barbecue
indicates that barbecue is indeed masculine.
As such I vote for Johnny, as in "Little Johnny sure does burn things up!"
http://www.wordreference.com/fren/barbecue
indicates that barbecue is indeed masculine.
As such I vote for Johnny, as in "Little Johnny sure does burn things up!"
They have stores just for BBQs now?!?! Wow. I am so out of the big-city life. The fact that there is such a position as "BBQ Delivery Man" baffles me. I wonder if that guy dreamed of one day becoming a BBQ Delivery Man.
As for masculine vs feminine, guys sure spend a lot of private time with their BBQs. Almost developing a loving bond, wouldn't you say? I think some guys would rather spend time with their BBQs than with their wives or even friends. Add to that the fact that the "personality" of a BBQ swings wildly from hot to cold and back again, the BBQ would be more like a mistress than a mister. That would suggest that BBQs are feminine.
But then, of course, BBQs are full of gas... Yup. They're masculine.
I'd like to take Craig's suggestion one step further and suggest a last name. Johnny Burns. Being respectful, the BBQ can be referred to as Mr. Burns.
Post a Comment
As for masculine vs feminine, guys sure spend a lot of private time with their BBQs. Almost developing a loving bond, wouldn't you say? I think some guys would rather spend time with their BBQs than with their wives or even friends. Add to that the fact that the "personality" of a BBQ swings wildly from hot to cold and back again, the BBQ would be more like a mistress than a mister. That would suggest that BBQs are feminine.
But then, of course, BBQs are full of gas... Yup. They're masculine.
I'd like to take Craig's suggestion one step further and suggest a last name. Johnny Burns. Being respectful, the BBQ can be referred to as Mr. Burns.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
