Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Words of Wisdom

I was reading the Mother of All Toddler Books to check out developmental stages. It is not something I do very often but I was curious about what I should expect as far as interactions with other little ones. She is starting to open up and play with them a bit more. It is neat to see the change. The book said not to expect much considering an adult often has a hard time understanding a two year old, you can't really expect two two year olds to be able to communicate enough to have lengthy play sessions together. The book also said that she should have about 50 words in her vocabulary. I hadn't really thought to count her words and I think take them for granted a bit. I notice new words or words that have become noticably clearer. So this today I made a list of everything she said from the time she got up (yes dear, I made another list)

Her goes:

Mommy, pillow, (looking at a picture) Daddy, shoes, hat, E(the whole name of course), jacket, pooh, kisses, phone, hello, morning!, diaper, wipes, downstairs, hungry, juice, thank you, cheerios, no, spoon, milk, up, more, please, yogurt, all done, up stairs, toys, baby, Dora, Boots, clicker, school, yes, triangle, circle, rectangle, ducks, red, blue, green, yellow, lobster, butter(what C have lovingly named the plastic lobster), one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, bath, shower, arm, hair, tummy, toes, head, shoulders, knees, ears, eyes, nose, chin, shampoo, towel, brush, cream, cozy, bird, plane, car, clean, ball, fingers, help, berries, water, potatoes, apple, chair, lunch, plate, pudding, chocolate, cup, bed, sleepy, nap, cuddles, covers, I love you, snack, book, pictures, mountains, movie, otters, whale, grampa, boat, map, clock, Julie, trees, drum, snow, bear, moose, train, glasses, swimming, Jade, elephant, park, bike, peddle, sand, slide, soccer, step, swing, ice cream, bus, truck, dirty, wash, hands, clean, home, bye, climb, colouring, hide, ready or not, kick, okay, stroller, open it, hurry, come, here, pockets, book, story, race, rock, row, stream, merrily, dream, spider, out, sun, rain, hold it, carry, that, wagon, taa daa!, there he is, hug, beep, go, stickers, paper, pencil, stop, run!, turn, sandles, hurt, got it!, puzzles, toot, animals, Gramma, covers, push, necklace, pretty, ring, sausage, heavy, dog, oh nice!, broken, jammies, music, night.

Not bad for one day!

Comments:
That's more words than I say in a day!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]