Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ugly Bug Ball

Isn't nature great? I know, it is a small peice of nature smack in the middle of suburbia but the the little ecosystem we've got going is quite something. We've got insects gallore which I don't think we could have said about the last garden we had. It has got it's ups and downs and you have to get down and look for them but I figure a good showing of creepy crawlers is also a good sign of nice healthy soil. Today we were watering my newly planted yews and witnessed a teeny ant dragging a good sized spider (dead of course) across the side walk. Ants are amazing (as long as they are not in the house), it is fascinating to watch them carry things that are so much bigger than they are. And there has been a predictably large number of bees each night this week that come out around 8:30 at night to feed on our tree in full bloom.

While E was delivering his papers, I sat on the front porch noticing an abnormal number of flies buzzing about. Seems the neighbours next door have a dead mouse on their door step that is completely all over covered in the bugs! And right before dinner! Yuck!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]