Friday, June 30, 2006
A Lesson in Manners
Last nights soccer game was a blast. I wasn't looking forward to it. Mother Nature threatened rain all afternoon with thunder but no showers. Finally around 5 there was a downpour that had me thinking the the game would be cancelled for sure. By 6:15 is was still raining but not nearly as hard and no thunder or lightning so I got the kids in the car an off we went. It was a fun game, we were short a player or two but they played well and E was in net for the second half again. The last few minutes of the game, the team was down 2/1 and in true hockey fashion the coaches yelled down to E "We need you! Get down here and help us score!" He ran up to where he is most comfortable (left forward). The team controlled the ball for a while with no success and when the other team got posession and had a few successful passes we started to yell at E "Get back in the net! You are the only one that can pick up the ball!". The ball had gotten back into the other half of the field before he beat it back and narrowly saved the goal. They never did get that goal but the other team looked pretty confused. Since I have already established that I. Don't. Yell. At. Games. I guess E was taken a little off guard telling us that we didn't have to yell and we could have said PLEASE!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]