Monday, May 22, 2006
We're Baaaaack!
We took a brief nap to help us catch up on sleep after taking the red eye, the laundry is in and most importantly pictures are downloaded, I am at a loss on where to start talking about our holiday.
We had a fantastic trip and couldn't have asked for better weather. I didn't rain once while we were in Vancouver. Instead, we had record breaking highs most of the week. I won't complain but I find it funny that it was 18oC in Whitehorse yesterday and a damp cloudy 9oC as I sit here in Oakville right now.
Fawn, Micheal and Jade were wonderful hosts in Whitehorse! What a beautiful part of the country!
We jam packed our two days in Whitehorse and upon reflection should have spent more time there. We drove from Whitehorse to Skagway, Alaska to take the White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad and in addition to the awesome scenary we saw a black bear, 2 moose, bald eagles, ptarmigan and a turkey vulture. Michael endeared himself right away to E getting him hooked on geocaching and atlatl (dart throwing) They even spent a brief time at the Canadian US Border at 1,000 metres above sea level digging through snow trying to find a very well hidden cache! Driving back to Whitehorse at 10:30pm and having to wear sunglasses was also a cool experience. Our second and final day in the city we decided to go see some local attractions including a dip the
Takhini Hot Springs, a visit to the Beringia Museum and a drive through the downtown. We had a great meal and then headed back to the airport for our flights to Vancouver and then home to Toronto. We can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the hospitality and our brief visit!
Vancouver itself was a great place to be last week. Like I said before, the weather couldn't have been better and made it easy to do everything we wanted to do and the company of having family there was a nice treat too. I won't bore you with all the details but we managed to squeeze the Vancouver Aquarium, dinner at a really unusual native restaurant, whale watching, Gastown, Chinatown, Granville Island (including Granville Island Brewery), Museum of Anthropology, Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Gulf of Georgia Cannery and Stanley Park all into our six day stay.
Now all I have to do is find all my scrapbooking supplies, get myself organized and find the time to put everything together. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the pictures on here today. I will add some at another time.
We had a fantastic trip and couldn't have asked for better weather. I didn't rain once while we were in Vancouver. Instead, we had record breaking highs most of the week. I won't complain but I find it funny that it was 18oC in Whitehorse yesterday and a damp cloudy 9oC as I sit here in Oakville right now.
Fawn, Micheal and Jade were wonderful hosts in Whitehorse! What a beautiful part of the country!
We jam packed our two days in Whitehorse and upon reflection should have spent more time there. We drove from Whitehorse to Skagway, Alaska to take the White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad and in addition to the awesome scenary we saw a black bear, 2 moose, bald eagles, ptarmigan and a turkey vulture. Michael endeared himself right away to E getting him hooked on geocaching and atlatl (dart throwing) They even spent a brief time at the Canadian US Border at 1,000 metres above sea level digging through snow trying to find a very well hidden cache! Driving back to Whitehorse at 10:30pm and having to wear sunglasses was also a cool experience. Our second and final day in the city we decided to go see some local attractions including a dip the
Takhini Hot Springs, a visit to the Beringia Museum and a drive through the downtown. We had a great meal and then headed back to the airport for our flights to Vancouver and then home to Toronto. We can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the hospitality and our brief visit!Vancouver itself was a great place to be last week. Like I said before, the weather couldn't have been better and made it easy to do everything we wanted to do and the company of having family there was a nice treat too. I won't bore you with all the details but we managed to squeeze the Vancouver Aquarium, dinner at a really unusual native restaurant, whale watching, Gastown, Chinatown, Granville Island (including Granville Island Brewery), Museum of Anthropology, Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Gulf of Georgia Cannery and Stanley Park all into our six day stay.
Now all I have to do is find all my scrapbooking supplies, get myself organized and find the time to put everything together. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the pictures on here today. I will add some at another time.
Comments:
<< Home
What a great adventure! I'd like to try an atlatl one day...we learned about them in Anthropology class in Uni.
Hey. are you a scrapbooker? Can you e-mail me at rebeccaeckler@yahoo.com
I'm actually thinking of doing a little column on scrapbooking for the newspaper I write for. And I don't know any scrapbookers personally.
You don't have to write me. Only if you want to. No pressure at all. Just a couple questions for you. Only if you feel like it tho.
Like reading your blog.
Post a Comment
I'm actually thinking of doing a little column on scrapbooking for the newspaper I write for. And I don't know any scrapbookers personally.
You don't have to write me. Only if you want to. No pressure at all. Just a couple questions for you. Only if you feel like it tho.
Like reading your blog.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

