Thursday, May 11, 2006

It is no secret I hate doing housework. Laundry, dusting, doing dishes are are not always done when they should be but more when they have to be (or as some can attest to, when I am really pissed off). When I play grass is greener and am missing work, C always jokes that I don't miss work I miss the dishwashers! I do have help, E does a few things and C does whatever I tell him to but let's face it they are boys and clean like boys- dusting around everything rather than picking stuff up blah blah nag nag.

With Mothers Day just aroung the corner I got this poem in my email today. I thought I would share.

My dishes went unwashed today.
I didn’t make my bed.
I took his hand and followed where
his eager footsteps led.

Oh yes, we went adventuring
My little child and I.
Exploring all the great outdoors,
Beneath the sun and sky.

We watched the robin feed her young.
We climbed a sunlit hill.
Saw cloud-sheep scamper through the sky,
We plucked a daffodil.

That my house was so neglected,
That I didn’t brush the stairs,
In twenty years no one on earth
Will know or even care.

But that I helped my little child
To noble adulthood grow,
In twenty years the whole wide world
May look and see and know.

- Anonymous

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]