Friday, May 05, 2006

Bored

K seems to be fighting soem type of bug. She developed a fever in the wee hours of the morning and even her waking hours were spent in a daze. She has been asleep for most of the morning- hopefully sleeping it off- and I am bored.

Laundry, garage sale stuff cleaned, census form, vacation packing list and to do list, Lee Valley shopping list, made plans for Monday night to see Hair, kitchen tidied, start reading Tipping Point, check, check, check.

What can you tell about me from my morning? I had an exciting mail day. I am a sucker for quizes and forms. I love filling them out which is probably why after reading this I then did this this this and this. So naturally the census excited me. E had a bunch of questions about and why they would ask certain questions, so we answered some of the questions together and talked about what they do with the information.

I also got my fill of Lee Valley catalogues which propmted a list of must haves including the kitchen compost bin liners that are plastic-like but actually made of vegetable oil and cornstarch and fruit fly traps (which aren't needed right away but with summer coming it is inevitable so I should probaly pick them up while I am there).

I also got to read this morning (uninterupted to boot!). C got me to read one section of "The Tippping Point" the other night about the stickiness of Sesame Street and more recently Blue's Clues. It describes some thoeries of how preschoolers learn and what they actually take from educational programming. Facinating stuff and I am hooked on the book. Thanks go out to Cat for sharing it with us.

All and all a very productive morning but something seems missing when the little on isn't underfoot. I guess I am not bored but miss my playtime.




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]