Monday, April 03, 2006

We live in Food Heaven!

Friday night I had no intention of cooking. I had spent part of the day at the One of a Kind show and spent the rest of the afternoon lusting after the purse that followed me home. So when C called and offered to pick up soup and bread for dinner I was thrilled. I love Whole Foods! It is so loved in this household that it is best for C and I not to shop there together. The upscale grocery store has been in the local news a lot lately since the downtown location is a hot spot for star gazing. We spent most of the day Saturday traveling from food store to food store. For most people that would seem like a chore but for me I was in heaven. C was motivated to get out of bed by eleven small words: grande-bold-in-a-venti-cup-topped-up-with-whole-milk. We took a nice walk to the local Starbucks and then to Longos to pick up a few basics. After our walk we waited for K to wake up and then piled the crew into the car for a trip to Monestery Bakery where we picked up all of our breads and deli meats for the week. Our next stop was a new discovery for us. A special edition of Toronto Life magazine layed out the best food purveyors across the city. We thought we would try out the Fish monger they spoke so highly of. Unfortunately we were very dissapointed. All they had was Haddock, Tilapia, Salmon, Scallops and Shrimp- I don't go out of my way to go somewhere to get the same thing I can get at Loblaws so we left and on the way back to the car I noticed a butcher shop. The window showcased three large sides of beef hanging, we were greeted by everyone in the shop and each of our steaks were cut to order. (Angels Singing). Still in search of some great fish, we stopped at a little fish monger in Downtown Oakville. The display of fish alone was beautiful. I had a hankering for some great scallops so that was a no brainer, we also picked up some tuna loin and Halibut cheeks (sweet in flavor and considered a delicacy). Have I mentioned that I love the food here?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]