Tuesday, April 04, 2006
I Am Extraordinarily Patient Provided I Get My Own Way In End
Alternate Title: Ispirational Quotes From the Back of an 18 Wheeler
I am very proud of C today! He passed number 4 of the series of exams he has to take to become a (bum bummm) Trustee in Bankruptcy. He was very nervous about the writing the exam and the outcome because last year only 4% passed. Congrats!
I took two trips to the passport office today. I don't like going there. The last time we went to get the rest of the family's done all of the photos got rejected for various reasons and one trip became three. The lines are usually insane and waiting for a number to come up on the fancy electronic board is not an activity that a toddler usually finds entertaining. Those places should have a little play corner/ baby jail to keep the little ones busy. They don't, so I brought my usual bag of tricks. I love that one little box of raisins can keep her busy for at least 7 minutes. It got me thinking of all the things I am going to have to pack for our trip to Vancouver- stickers, crayons- a trip to Dollarama is definately in order. Luckily we got there at a good time because we only had to wait for one and a half boxes of raisins (she looooves raisins!) and half a cup of juice. I quickly got sent home because I brought the wrong document regarding custody of E. I thought I had everything I could have possibly needed and then some all in my pretty folder, I guess not. My bad. The lady was kind enough to give me a treasured piece of paper that allowed me to go straight back to her and not have to wait in line as long as I returned the same day between very specific times. I took this very seriously and hopped back in the car, K fell asleep right away and I drove home behind a truck that seemed to had the above title writen across the back. It made me smile most of the way home. I left sleeping beauty in the car, dashed in the house, got that one important piece of paper and took a small detour to Starbucks before getting back to the Passport Office 10 minutes before one of those time blocks. Mission accomplished! Good news is that next time E will need to get a passport he will need to fill out an adult application form (yep, ADULT! I shutter at the thought) so I will never have to go through the work I needed to go through this time and he can wait in line himself and use his drivers license as a peice of ID. I am feeling queezy!
I am very proud of C today! He passed number 4 of the series of exams he has to take to become a (bum bummm) Trustee in Bankruptcy. He was very nervous about the writing the exam and the outcome because last year only 4% passed. Congrats!
I took two trips to the passport office today. I don't like going there. The last time we went to get the rest of the family's done all of the photos got rejected for various reasons and one trip became three. The lines are usually insane and waiting for a number to come up on the fancy electronic board is not an activity that a toddler usually finds entertaining. Those places should have a little play corner/ baby jail to keep the little ones busy. They don't, so I brought my usual bag of tricks. I love that one little box of raisins can keep her busy for at least 7 minutes. It got me thinking of all the things I am going to have to pack for our trip to Vancouver- stickers, crayons- a trip to Dollarama is definately in order. Luckily we got there at a good time because we only had to wait for one and a half boxes of raisins (she looooves raisins!) and half a cup of juice. I quickly got sent home because I brought the wrong document regarding custody of E. I thought I had everything I could have possibly needed and then some all in my pretty folder, I guess not. My bad. The lady was kind enough to give me a treasured piece of paper that allowed me to go straight back to her and not have to wait in line as long as I returned the same day between very specific times. I took this very seriously and hopped back in the car, K fell asleep right away and I drove home behind a truck that seemed to had the above title writen across the back. It made me smile most of the way home. I left sleeping beauty in the car, dashed in the house, got that one important piece of paper and took a small detour to Starbucks before getting back to the Passport Office 10 minutes before one of those time blocks. Mission accomplished! Good news is that next time E will need to get a passport he will need to fill out an adult application form (yep, ADULT! I shutter at the thought) so I will never have to go through the work I needed to go through this time and he can wait in line himself and use his drivers license as a peice of ID. I am feeling queezy!
Comments:
<< Home
Congratulations C! Well done...only 4% pass...you are amazing!
Passport office...NO FUN! We were there a lot in the weeks before leaving for NZ...actually days before too. Glad you passed that hurdle.
Post a Comment
Passport office...NO FUN! We were there a lot in the weeks before leaving for NZ...actually days before too. Glad you passed that hurdle.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
