Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hit Me With Your Best Shot!

I got a phone call from E's Vice Principal today. Seems there was a little scuffle in the play ground. The kids were playing basketball and fighting over possesion of the ball when E decided it wasn't worth it and let go. Well maybe he has learned that he should let the other person know before letting go, because the ball hit the other kid right in the sniffer. Not terribly surprizing, the kid got pissed off and clocked Elliot in the side of the head. So I get the phone call from his VP letting me know what happened and what they are doing to resolve the situation. When Elliot comes home and we talk about what happened, although you could tell he was still annoyed with the kid, he tells me it was pretty cool cuz he got to play with the VP's computer! You see they have cameras in the school yard and they played it back for the boys so they could see what happened, I guess it eliminated all the 'did not'/'did too' shinannigans. The school yard sure has changed since we were that age!

No black eye or anything to speak of (or take pictures) I have jokingly asked him a few times what day it is and what he had for breakfast. He doesn't get it. He just says "Thursday and blueberry waffles".

Comments:
A haka pic...I love it.

Video cameras?!? Amazing...definetely a different world from where we grew up...is this a Toronto vs Ottawa thing or a 1980s vs 2000s thing?

BTW...blueberry waffles...yum!!
 
The camera thing sure got us thinking. How many do they have? Are they on 24/7? Do the kids know where they are?...
 
I think we could probably pinpoint the camera thing at around..."1984". To Orwellian for me.

Can I have blueberry waffles too?
 
All you can eat waffles for anyone that comes to visit!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]