Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Great Escape

I can't say it was a quiet bed time tonight. K was ready to go to bed at 6:15 which was a wee bit too early for me and my morning wake up call-so I pushed for 7:30. She wasn't happy with me when she finally went to bed. Instead she screamed and cried. Knowing she was just over tired I put her in her crib and shut the door. Had she not been crying maybe I would have heard this. All of a sudden her crying got much louder, like she was closer. Could it be? Did she finally do it?She took a mad dash down the stairs before I could get down the staris from the third floor. She made her way into the kitchen and just stood there for a minute before she decided she really wanted to colour. She got marched back up to bed where I sat and read in my rocking chair while she sat, cross legged, refusing to lie down. I don't think I have ever noticed her sitting cross legged before. She looked old. They grow up so fast.
So it looks like tomorrow includes a trip to Sleep Country Canada to look into mattresses. I don't like dealing with sales people. Especially when I don't want no pillowtop, 5 feet high, need a ladder to get into bed kind of bed. Wish us luck. And give me strength should I happen onto Potterybarn Kids knowing we need bed linens. Note to self: stop at Winners first.

Comments:
We got one of those foam matresses - not a spring in it. Halft the price, twice as long on the warranty and WAAAAAAAAAAY more comfortable. Foam ain't what it used to be; it's better.

Down with springs!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]