Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Big Girl Bed!
I went shopping yesterday and it amazes me how fast money can dissapear when you need to outfit a bed. I am a power shopper. I don't browse, I just know what I need to find, get it and get out. Armed with my list, I set out and returned just over and hour later with everything K needed for her new bed. I got some really nice (but not too big) pillows at Homesence on clearance and then got miffed when the pillow protectors I needed to buy were twice as expensive as the pillows themselves.As obvious as the picture makes this statement, K got her new bed today. I answered the door the the delivery guys laughing and saying "Lets look at those stairs" One of the many things that made our move so horrible was that our queen box spring would not fit up the staris. We ended up having to buy a split queen box spring and when we called around to the various stores we got told several different things. The first said it would be weeks to get split box springs made because it is a specialty item and therefore a custom order. One said using any box spring other than the one that matches the mattress would null and void any warranty we may have on the mattress itself. We finally called one place that had them in stock and could deliver it that day and after two nights of sleeping on the floor we dropped our credit card number and said do it. Bad memories, baaaaaad memories. So I says to the delivery guys today, "You've delivered to this neighbourhood before!" I got many a story in the short time they were here about there adventures and the tight spaces they have had to maneuver beds through. The boxspring made it up with a small scuff of the wall but considering C still has yet to paint over the old scuffs, that I patched and sanded and have been ready to paint for months, I really don't mind.
Hopefully, tonight will hold the promise of a god night sleep for all. K is not fun to sleep with. She does gymnastic routines in her sleep that would make Kerry Strug jealous.
Comments:
<< Home
What a nice bed. Did K get a good night of rest? And you too without the gymnastics routine going on all night?
Heh heh heh. Who said there were no gymnastics anymore?
Oooh, I should behave, or Jenn and Chris won't let me near their children when they come to visit in Whitehorse. ;)
Fawn
Post a Comment
Oooh, I should behave, or Jenn and Chris won't let me near their children when they come to visit in Whitehorse. ;)
Fawn
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

