Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Too Good to Last

A few months ago when I put K to bed instead of lying down in her crib she sat up, tucked the blankets on her lap, pointed to the bookshelf and said "boorh". I handed her a board book that wouldn't get all doggiered in her bed and she sat up "reading" her book. No fuss and off to dreamland. I couldn't have been more thrilled that her bedtime routine that she had decided to change on her own was so easy. That all ended about a week ago. She now gets mad at us when we put her to bed. Last night for some odd reason she just would not settle down. She cried and cried and threw all of the contents out of her crib one by one. We decided if she wanted to play that game we would leave things on the floor. She finally calmed down and went to sleep just before 10. C and I headed down to bed just after 11 and I thought I would go in and put her blankets back on K. Foolish, foolish Mommy. No sooner did I lie down in bed was K up and screaming again. After about 20 minutes, no end in sight, and a very tired Mommy, I pulled her into bed with us. She is not a good sleeping companioin. She tosses and turns and kicks. Needless to say no one slept very well last night with maybe the exception of E who is stangely oblivious to everything while he sleeps. I feel like a zombie this morning as does K. She got up and had a good play and by about 9:00 was very sleepy and wanting a nap. I took her to lie down and just as she was falling asleep our resident March Breaker got up and into the shower. K opened her eyes at start of the shower but quickly closed them again. After only twenty short minutes E brings in breakfast in bed and wakes her up! Good intentions but now everyone is up, E well rested and annoyingly chipper, K is moody-like a 20 month old with PMS- and Mommy is grumpy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]