Thursday, March 23, 2006

Smooth Operator

K has been sick for a few days. A nasty flu has literally swept her off her feet. She is almost back to normal she's actually been walking around today but still has no appetite. I have concerns about dehydration because she really hasn't had much to eat or drink since Tuesday morning and there is far too much action in the diaper region. Sorry guys, I tried to put it as politely as possible. She had a nice glass of juice this morning but that was only 4 oz. I have been trying water but she won't take it- not in a cup, with a straw or out of a waterbottle. I am trying to follow the good old BRAT diet to remedy her "situation"(bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) but she isn't at all interested. So I stood there in the kitchen with a bowl of applesauce, a peice of toast and a peeled banana that had all failed me when I figured, what the hell, it couldn't hurt to try and give it to her another way. So I through the whole kit and caboodle in the blender (save the toast) with a pinch of salt and bit of OJ and she loves it! She's drinking her smoothie! Since I already had the stuff out I made myself a BBC (Thanks Warren) -Okay it was a virgin pina colada with a banana tossed in but damn it was good!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]