Tuesday, March 28, 2006

#1 On Things To Buy List- Batteries

So it seems a parent is lost without their digital camera. I wouldn't say I am the snap happy type. I tend to forget the camera on every major outing or get together. However there are certain things that are worth documenting. For example, this Sunday while cleaning house, K, who is scared beyond belief to be on the floor when the vacuum is running, was held over C's shoulder while he pushed the vacuum around. Obviously a cute picture to be had- and possibly blow up to poster size as a gentle reminder of this important day in history. Of course when I turned the camera on, no sooner did get the desired picture in frame than did the batteries die. Mental note- get batteries.

Monday March 27th, 2006 - 3:00am C is once again doing housework. Laundry. It was inevitable that at some point in time, I too would get very sick. Not like I had the energy, but considering both of us H-A-T-E doing laundry, this was a momentous occasion. Also camera worthy.

A day and a half later I am still tired, achy, tender and those cute little squeals and cuddles that I usually enjoy are not welcomed as they usually are. Being a SAHM has one distinctive draw back, not being able to call in sick. Needless to say it has been two very long days- although both men of the house have been very helpful. K has also been very good. She has discovered that if you pull all of the laundry out of the laundry basket you have a magnificent boat to sail. She has also discovered that when Mom turns her back for two minutes , one can unscrew the lid from the derriere cream and rub zinc oxide all over her face. CHILD PROOF CAPS PEOPLE! I mean this stuff, is meant to prevent moisture from irritating a baby's bottom, do you think it would easily wash off my couch! Thank goodness all she managed to do was smear the stuff all over her face like a clown. Once I got over the "please don't let there be bum cream on my couch" I quickly switched to "Dang nabbit! I need batteries for the camera!"

Comments:
Have I ever told you about the time Ethan ended up in the hospital? When he was about Noah's age (2 1/2), he ate an entire jar of Zink cream. It was brand new and he practically licked it clean..all in under 3 minutes. I had sent him to his room for a time out and he flipped over his garbage can to use as a step to get onto his dresser. He then stood on the dresser to reach the second shelf which had unsafe things such as diaper rash cream, baby oil, diapers and wipes. He used a toy tool as a scoop and spoon fed himself the entire jar. We ended up in emergency as per poison controls instructions and they pumped charcoal into Ethan's stomach to absorb the zink before too much got into his system. I'll never forget that! Two days, later, I was on the phone with poison control AGAIN (thank goodness they don't have call display) because Ethan had burst a glade plug in gel thingy and he then wiped his eyes..What a horrible week!
 
What an aweful experience!
They sure do keep on on our toes!
 
Smart kid, pretending to be afraid of housework. Very clever...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]