Monday, February 20, 2006

Random

I am not sure whether C and I are getting old or E is growing up. Surely it could also be a combination of the two.

At the beginning of January E's use of slang increased. He began saying things like "That was random!". Well, quite frankly we hadn't heard that phrase much before so naturally C and I have been using it around Elliot to have some fun.

The other day while talking and getting ready for dinner I joking responded to a comment saying "that was SO random!" and E responds by saying "yeah, actually it was!" We had an entire conversation at dinner revolving aroung this. Is there criterion around random? If there is than is it really random? Will a teenager growing up in the 00's ever know how to use "random" properly in a sentance? What words did we butcher as youngens in the name of slang? Does questioning the proper use make us old? I feel wrinkles forming... I am going to go moisterize.

Comments:
Sweet as, mate!
 
Sweet as WHAT? Am I proving my point?
 
I don't know...apparently you can say anything "as". Windy as, dodgy as, smelly as...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]