Tuesday, February 21, 2006

K's 18 Month Well Baby Visit

K had a regular old doctors appointment today. She needed a few shots but other than she has been really healthy and my only concern going to the appointment was meeting her new doctor.
Everything went really well except when the doctor listened to her chest she heard crackling while she was breathing. K looks fine and is not acting out of the ordinary but to make sure she didn't have pneumonia before being given her MMR and Diphtheria shot we were sent downstairs to get a chest x-ray. I can't say I was very worried even with the possibility- Chalk it up to Mother's intuition I guess.
K was so good. She whimpered a bit and had great big crocodile tears but no big cries. I felt awful for her. The "vice" thing that we had to put her in to keep her still for the pictures looked so uncomfortable. Her feet couldn't touch the bottom because they don't want her to be able to move. I don't know how the people who took this picture here got the child to look so calm- Yep, this picture I found on the internet- I did not take a picture of Kyra this way. She got some Dora stickers when she was all done and then we got the go ahead to get the shots. Like the poor girl hadn't been through enough. Experiences like this make me realize how lucky I am to have two worderfully healthy children.

Oh, and add another profession to the list of things I would have a hard time doing on a daily basis- X-ray technician.

Comments:
What a horrible contraption. Ethan had to go in one when he was 8 months old. You should have heard the screams..poor little guy. I have to agree with you...I would never want to be a x-ray technician for these little ones..just wouldn't have the strength to endure their tears. BTW, I love reading your blog. It's a great way to keep in touch.
 
oh yeah...glad to read K's in good health now. Always trust mother's intuition. :-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]